Dress which is appropriate for school is:
- Clothing that has not been worn for training or practice that day. Students must change clothes from the day’s sports training gear to fresh school clothes each day before coming to campus.
- Clothing that projects a neat, modest, and positive image to the public
- Clothing that is clean and free from tears, holes, and fraying
- Clothing that covers cleavage, midriff, bare back, bare shoulders, and thighs
- Clothing and hair color that do not distract
- Clothing that is appropriate for the classroom temperatures each season
- Shoes that are safe in the classroom around tables and chairs and on steps on campus
Specifics regarding the dress code are:
Upper Body: Shirts/tops must be neat, clean and without tears/holes. Boys must tuck in their shirts. T-shirts must be worn only under a collared shirt, jacket, over-shirt, or sweater. No t-shirts with profanity or suggestive advertisement can be worn to school at any time. Girls must wear an over-shirt, jacket, or sweater over tank tops, spaghetti straps, tube tops, one-shoulder tops, bare back tops. Tops that show bare shoulders and backs, cleavage, or midriff may not be worn to school.
Lower Body: Pants, shorts, skirts, or dresses must be of appropriate length and fit. Low-riding, baggy pants for boys are not allowed. Blue jeans without holes and frays may be worn. Students may not wear rainwear, over-pants, workout/gym/spa attire, sweat-pants, sweat-shorts, or frayed short cut-off jeans to class. Girls may not wear leggings or yoga pants without an over-skirt or tunic that falls to their fingertips when arms are hanging at sides. All shorts/skirts/dresses must fall to fingertips when arms are hanging at sides.
Shoes: Shoes must be neat and clean. No bare feet or house slippers are to be worn at any time. Golf shoes may not be worn in the school building at any time.
Flip flops and high heels are unsafe. They are especially not recommended on steps which can become slippery ad dangerous.
Accessories: Sunglasses, hats, and sweatshirt hoods may not be worn in class. No visible body piercing except for pierced ears is allowed.