All international students must obtain an F-1 student visa before entering the United States for the purpose of attending academic classes at Heritage Academy. To obtain the F-1 visa, the student must have possession of an I-20 form, which is issued by Heritage Academy . Procedures for obtaining the I-20 are as follows:
- Student must apply and be accepted by Heritage Academy .
- Heritage Academy tuition and fees must be paid in full.
Heritage Academy will then issue an I-20 form and send it to you; procedures for obtaining the F-1 student visa are as follows (visit the website http://www.ice.gov/sevis/ for more information):
- Contact the consulate in your country to set an appointment to apply for the student visa; ask what documents you will need to bring.
- Pay the SEVIS I-901 fee; this can be done on line at www.fmjfee.com but must be paid prior to your consulate appointment.
- When you travel to or from the United States you will be required to show your passport and I-20/F-1 visa; keep it with you at all times.
If you have any questions regarding the I-20 or F-1 process, please contact Tina Sprouse.