Since 1993, Heritage Academy has assisted aspiring young men and women to create dreams, make them real, and achieve new worlds for themselves. Nestled a short sprint from the Atlantic Ocean on the small, barrier island of Hilton Head off of the coast of South Carolina, Heritage Academy is a refuge for teenagers with an extracurricular passion.
There are three focus areas at Heritage Academy: students commit to a passion in athletics, academics and research, or the visual and performing arts. Students in all these areas share the same qualities: a desire to excel and stand out in their field, and the willingness to work as hard as they can to achieve this goal. Along with our school community’s common goals, we have tremendous diversity in our student body. Our local students attend classes with students from many countries and states.
At Heritage Academy, we believe that a small caring community of diverse, highly-trained professionals working with students who seek to develop a passion in life creates the ideal learning environment. Young people have curious minds, tremendous energy, innate talent and incredible spirit all waiting to be awakened and nurtured. We respect research suggesting that students can reach full potential in analytical thinking, creative expression, and civic responsibility only when the walls of the traditional classroom are extended beyond the school facility. Whether in the classroom or pursuing extracurricular passions, our students are actively engaged in learning as accomplished scholars, artists and athletes.
Heritage Academy Serves
- Local, national, and international students in grades 7-12 from 27 countries and 28 states
- Scholar-athletes and performing artists who are training academically and athletically to earn a spot on an NCAA sports team or arts program
- Students who aspire to attend the college of their choice—be it an Ivy League or state university
- Students whose goal it is to complete high school graduation requirements in three years via our Fast Track High School Academics Program
- ESL post-grads who are preparing for academics at a U.S. college
Heritage Academy Offers
- Grades 7-12
- Small class size with an average of 8 and a maximum of 15
- Block scheduling
- ESL, College Prep, Honors and Advanced Placement classes
- Community partners in athletics and arts
- An international student population
- Personalized college placement services
- I-20 authorization